The current Church building, completed in 1947, was designed to reflect a European style of Gothic architecture rather than anything typically Chilean in order to be distinctive and identifiable as a Protestant church for the expatriate community. As a result, it has a very high ceiling and delicate brass chandeliers, together with wooden pews and a floor built with the beautiful Chilean hardwood called “lingue”.
At the back of the church hang a range of international flags, representing some of the nations that worship in the Church on a regular basis. The British Legion flag, specifically, serves as a reminder of those from Santiago who left Chile to fight for the cause of freedom and gave their lives in the two World Wars of the 20th Century. In fact, the Church also functions as a War Memorial Church. The names of the fallen are inscribed both on a plaque by the Legion flag and also on the wooden paneling in the chancel, listing a total of 10 soldiers who were killed in the First World War and 34 in the Second World War.
Other highlights include:
- The Olive Cross
- The East Window “Christ coming in Glory”
- The West Window Depicting Christ’s Resurrection
- The North Window – The Adoration of the Magi