SCC is committed to reaching out beyond our own congregation to serve our neighbors in Santiago, in Chile and in the world. SCC is pleased to give at least 10% of its operating budget to various causes and projects. We also encourage our members and friends to be involved in hands-on mission opportunities.
Financial Giving includes:
– Fundacion Crescendo (a sheltered workshop and group home for adults who have developmental disabilities in Ñuñoa)
– Youth for Christ (a development program for at-risk youth in Cerro Navia)
– Local, National and International disaster relief funds through the Red Cross
Hands-On Opportunities include:
– Fundacion Crescendo – We assist with the upkeep of the garden at the workshop, as well as interact with the participants. We also provide occasional care for residents in the group home and support the center’s fundraising projects.
– Hogar La Granja – We collect monthly donations of toiletries and cleaning products for the home, as well as provide special outings for the girls.
– Casi Nuevo – This group meets Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m. to make blankets, doll clothes, craft books and more for children in two area cancer hospitals